POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE #16 FOR FRIDAY 10/18 AT 12:50 P.M.
The storm has strengthened some but still lacks a defined center of circulation. Regardless of whether the system becomes a tropical or subtropical storm before landfall Saturday morning, the forecast impacts will remain the same. The UF campus will not experience any tropical conditions but severe thunderstorms are possible on Saturday if squall lines move in from the Gulf.
- No operational changes are required for the UF campus in Gainesville.
- No tropical warnings are in place for Alachua County.
- The timing of any severe weather would be between midnight tonight and 6pm Saturday.
- Be weather aware on Saturday, as on any day with potential thunderstorms.
- Overall rainfall forecast for our area is limited to 1-2 inches and flooding should not be a concern.
UF units with operations within the Tropical Storm Warning and Surge Warning areas should follow guidance from local officials.
Since the storm will be inland tomorrow afternoon, this is the last planned update.